Use the power of this essential trace element sent by the Greek god of medicine to maximize your fighting power, to optimize your recovery even after the most brutal and gruelling battles, to strengthen your immune system and to maximise your health – become a worthy successor of the 300 fearless Spartans fighting with the legendary King Leonidas.
- Highly effective antioxidant that will protect cells and DNA of your body from damage caused by free radical damage, which are produced in large quantities during intensive workouts and brutal battles
- Will support and accelerate your recovery after hard battles against merciless enemies or the cold steel of the weights
- Will support your cardiovascular health and reduce the risk of developing degenerative diseases
- Can potentially reduce the negative effects of free radicals on your body's biological aging process to give you many more decades of tough and victorious battles against all your opponents
- Will support and enhances the function of your immune system to turn you into an invincible Spartan warrior
- Possesses anti-inflammatory effects that can relieve muscle and joint pain after brutal and gruelling battles and will make you become a true Spartan who does not know something like pain.
- Is essential for a healthy thyroid function and an active metabolism and will prevent a fearless Spartan warrior packed with steel-hard muscles from becoming a fat, lazy joke of a Greek tragedy
- Can promote a good mood and counteract depression, self-doubt, and timidity to make you a truly fearless Spartan, who will happily send even the last of his enemies to Ahriman and his demons in the realm of darkness
- Selenium is needed for proper functioning of your nervous system
- A selenium deficiency can result in a limited muscle function and may impair your muscle coordination, which will make any fearless warrior easy prey for even the weakest of his enemies
- Selenium is needed for the production of the most important muscle-building male hormone that is indispensable for your fighting power and your aggression during any brutal fight against merciless opponents
- Selenium can boost the production of the muscle building hormone IFG-1 to make you the strongest giant on the battlefield
- A Selenium deficiency can lead to reduced fertility in men and women
- Contains selenium as selenium methionine, which has the highest bioavailability of all versions of selenium
Apollon Selenium - the essential trace element that is so important for your health and your fighting power that it deserves to be named after of the Greek god of healing
Selenium is an essential, vital trace element that is involved countless, extremely important bodily processes. It is also an indispensable component of the amino acid selenocysteine which is part of a variety of important enzymes. Since your body can not produce selenium itself, it has to be supplied by food or in form of a high-quality selenium product such as Apollon Selenium. Selenium is so important for your fighting power, your recovery and your health that we have dedicated our selenium product to Apollon, the Greek god of healing.
Selenium is found mainly in animal foods such as offal, meat and fish. And even if the classic Spartan diet is always seen as barren and depriving, nutritionists and nutrition historians today assume that the diet of Spartan fighters must have be rich in protein foods such as meat and fish, since without such a diet the hard and brutal military training, as well as the outstanding physical performance in combat would have been impossible to achieve.
It is safe to say that the elite of Spartan fighters have been eating a diet rich in selenium, and many of the benefits of selenium in terms of physical performance and health may have contributed significantly to the immortal legend of the invincible Spartan fighters.
- Rayman MP. Selenium and human health. Lancet. 2012 Mar 31;379(9822):1256-68. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(11)61452-9. Epub 2012 Feb 29.
- Wayne Chris Hawkes, Darshan S. Kelley, Peter C. Taylor, The effects of dietary selenium on the immune system in healthy men, Biological Trace Element Research, September 2001, Volume 81, Issue 3, pp 189–213
- Taylor EW, Nadimpalli RG, Ramanathan CS. Genomic structures of viral agents in relation to the biosynthesis of selenoproteins. Biol Trace Elem Res 1997; 56:63-91.
- Beck MA. Selenium and host defense towards viruses. Proc Nut Soc 1999; 58:707-711
- Duntas LH. Selenium and inflammation: underlying anti-inflammatory mechanisms. Horm Metab Res. 2009 Jun;41(6):443-7. doi: 10.1055/s-0029-1220724. Epub 2009 May 5.
- Drutel A, Archambeaud F, Caron P. Selenium and the thyroid gland: more good news for clinicians. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2013 Feb;78(2):155-64. doi: 10.1111/cen.12066.
- Benton D, Cook R. "Selenium supplementation improves mood in a double-blind crossover trial." Psychopharmacology (Berl). 1990;102(4):549-50.
- Akbaraly TN, Hininger-Favier I, Carrière I, Arnaud J, Gourlet V, Roussel AM, Berr C. Plasma selenium over time and cognitive decline in the elderly. Epidemiology. 2007 Jan;18(1):52-8.
- Shahar A, Patel KV, Semba RD, Bandinelli S, Shahar DR, Ferrucci L, Guralnik JM. Plasma selenium is positively related to performance in neurological tasks assessing coordination and motor speed. Mov Disord. 2010 Sep 15;25(12):1909-15. doi: 10.1002/mds.23218.
- Institute of Medicine (US) Panel on Dietary Antioxidants and Related Compounds. Institute of Medicine, Food and Nutrition Board. Dietary Reference Intakes: Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Selenium, and Carotenoids. National Academy Press, Washington, DC, 2000. Washington (DC): National Academies Press (US); 2000.
- Shafiei Neek L, Gaeini AA, Choobineh S. Effect of zinc and selenium supplementation on serum testosterone and plasma lactate in cyclist after an exhaustive exercise bout. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2011 Dec;144(1-3):454-62.
- Alehagen U, Johansson P, Aaseth J, Alexander J, Brismar K., Increase in insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) and insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1 after supplementation with selenium and coenzyme Q10. A prospective randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial among elderly Swedish citizens. PLoS One. 2017 Jun 13;12(6):e0178614.
Keine Kundenbewertung für den Moment.
Nur registrierte Benutzer können bewerten.
Spartan, take 1 (one) capsule without chewing and with sufficient liquid.