Can increase aerobic endurance, strength endurance and power output in trained athletes
Warning: Last items in stock!
The minimum purchase order quantity for the product is 1
Astaxanthin is a fat-soluble carotenoid that naturally occurs in the highest concentrations in krill oil and a species of algae called Haematococcus pluvialis. Traces can also be found in salmon. Astaxanthin is a reddish pigment that is also used as a food colorant. The most important properties of astaxanthin include a very strong antioxidant effect that is ten to hundred times stronger than the corresponding effects of other widely used antioxidants such as vitamin A and vitamin E. In addition to these antioxidant effects, astaxanthin possesses performance and recovery enhancing effects and a great number of health-promoting effects.
Unlike many other astaxanthin products available on the market, which use a dosage at the lower end of the clinically used dosage range, GN Astaxanthin contains a full clinical dose of 10 mg astaxanthin to make sure that you are getting all the benefits of this amazing substance.
Scientific studies have shown that Astaxanthin can significantly increase athletic performance and recovery. A test conducted with professional cyclists showed a significant increase in power release and a time improvement of more than 2 minutes during a 20 kilometre race – an improvement that can be described as sensational for trained professional athletes (4).
Particularly interesting for strength athletes and bodybuilders is a study that showed a significant increase in strength endurance while executing squats. During this study, subjects supplementing with astaxanthin achieved a three times greater increase in maximum repetitions that were possible with a given weight compared to members of the placebo group (5). More reps equate to an increased time under tension and greater gains of muscle mass.
In addition to its performance-enhancing effects, astaxanthin can also promote and accelerate your post-workout recovery by reducing muscle damage during exercise (7).
1. Shahidi F, Zhong Y. Lipid oxidation and improving the oxidative stability. Chemical Society Reviews. 2010;39(11):4067-79
2. Mattei R, Polotow TG, Vardaris CV, Guerra BA, Leite JR, Otton R, et al. Astaxanthin limits fish oil-related oxidative insult in the anterior forebrain of Wistar rats: putative anxiolytic effects? Pharmacology, biochemistry, and behavior. 2011 Sep;99(3):349-55.
3. Saw CL, Yang AY, Guo Y, Kong AN. Astaxanthin and omega-3 fatty acids individually and in combination protect against oxidative stress via the Nrf2-ARE pathway. Food and chemical toxicology : an international journal published for the British Industrial Biological Research Association. 2013 Dec;62:869-75.
4. Earnest CP, Lupo M, White KM, Church TS. Effect of astaxanthin on cycling time trial performance. International journal of sports medicine. 2011 Nov;32(11):882-8.
5. Curt L. Malmsten ÅL. Dietary Supplementation with Astaxanthin-Rich Algal Meal Improves Strength Endurance Carotenoid Science. 2008;13
6. Aoi W, Naito Y, Takanami Y, Ishii T, Kawai Y, Akagiri S, et al. Astaxanthin improves muscle lipid metabolism in exercise via inhibitory effect of oxidative CPT I modification. Biochemical and biophysical research communications. 2008 Feb 22;366(4):892-7.
7. Djordjevic B, Baralic I, Kotur-Stevuljevic J, Stefanovic A, Ivanisevic J, Radivojevic N, et al. Effect of astaxanthin supplementation on muscle damage and oxidative stress markers in elite young soccer players. The Journal of sports medicine and physical fitness. 2012 Aug;52(4):382-92.
8. Miki W. Biological functions and activities of animal carotenoids. Pure and Applied Chemistry. 1991;63(1):141-6.
9. Ranga Rao A, Raghunath Reddy RL, Baskaran V, Sarada R, Ravishankar GA. Characterization of microalgal carotenoids by mass spectrometry and their bioavailability and antioxidant properties elucidated in rat model. Journal of agricultural and food chemistry. 2010 Aug 11;58(15):8553-9. PubMed PMID: 20681642.
10. Astaxanthin compound found to switch on the FOX03 'Longevity Gene' in mice, University of Hawaii Cancer Center, March 28, 2017
11. Jean Soon Park, Jong Hee Chyun, Yoo Kyung Kim, Larry L Line, Boon P Chew, Astaxanthin decreased oxidative stress and inflammation and enhanced immune response in humans, Nutrition & Metabolism20107:18
12. Hiroshi Yoshida, Hidekatsu Yanai, Kumie Ito, Yoshiharu Tomono, Takashi Koikeda, Hiroki Tsukahara, Norio Tada, Administration of natural astaxanthin increases serum HDL-cholesterol and adiponectin in subjects with mild hyperlipidemia, Artheriosclerosid April 2010Volume 209, Issue 2, Pages 520–523
13. Katagiri M, Satoh A, Tsuji S, Shirasawa T. Effects of astaxanthin-rich Haematococcus pluvialis extract on cognitive function: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Journal of clinical biochemistry and nutrition. 2012 Sep;51(2):102-7.
14. Comhaire FH, El Garem Y, Mahmoud A, Eertmans F, Schoonjans F. Combined conventional/antioxidant "Astaxanthin" treatment for male infertility: a double blind, randomized trial. Asian journal of andrology. 2005 Sep;7(3):257-62.
15. Anderson ML. Evaluation of Resettin(R) on serum hormone levels in sedentary males.Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2014;11:43.
16. Yamashita E. The effects of a dietary supplement containing astaxanthin on skin condition. FOOD STYLE 21. 2005;9(9):72.
Take 1 (one) capsule daily with plenty of water.
Food supplements are not intended as a substitute for a balanced and varied diet and healthy lifestyle. The recommended daily intake indicated should not be exceeded. Keep out of reach of young children!
GN 100% Dairy Whey The next generation whey protein by GN that will blow the competition away!
The next generation whey protein by GN.
The propbably best tasting popular anticatabolic sustained-release diet protein on the market!
The probably most concentrated and most convenient source of protein you can take with you, wherever you go, with an extraordinary high biological value!
Probably the most complete supplement to support joint, ligament, tendon and bone health you will find on the market.
GN 100% Dairy Casein the propbably best tasting popular anticatabolic sustained-release diet protein on the market!